Howard:Let's go. 
走吧。 
Leonard:Okay. 好的。 
Howard:Hey, nice suit. 
嘿,西装不错。 
Leonard:It's a classic, right? 
很经典的,是吧? 
Penny:I really should have brought my own car. 
我真该自己开车来。 
Leonard:So, in conclusion, the data show that, at temperatures approaching absolute zero, the moment of inertia changes, and the solid becomes a supersolid which clearly appears to be a previously unknown state of matter. Thank you. Were there any questions?   
所以结论是,数据显示,在接近绝对零度,转动惯量改变时,固体转变为超固体,并清晰出现以前所未知的一种物质形态。谢谢。有问题吗?
【解析】
1、absolute zero:绝对零度   
2、moment of inertia:转动惯量
3、inertia:惯性 
4、supersolid:超立体,超固体
5、matter:物质 
Sheldon:Yeah, what the hell was that? 
你说的那是什么玩意儿? 
Leonard:Any other questions? 
有没有别的问题? 
Sheldon:Dr. Sheldon Cooper here. I am the lead author of this particular paper. Thank you. And you, sir, you have completely skipped over the part, where I was walking through the park, and I saw these children on a merry-go-round, which started me thinking about the moment of inertia, in gases like helium at temperatures approaching absolute zero.  
我是Sheldon Cooper博士。这篇论文的第一作者。谢谢各位。然而你先生,你完全跳过了那个部分,看见孩子们坐在旋转木马上,使我联想到了,像氦气这样的气体在达到绝对零度时的转动惯量。   
【解析】
1、merry-go-round:旋转木马    
2、moment of inertia:转动惯量   
3、helium:氦气     
Leonard:I didn't skip it. It's just an anecdote. It's not science. 
我没有跳过那个部分,那只是件轶事,不是科学。
【解析】
1、anecdote:轶事   
Sheldon:Oh, I see. Was the apple falling on Newton's head, was that just an anecdote? 
我明白了。难道苹果掉到牛顿的头上,也只是件轶事? 
Leonard:You are not Isaac Newton. 
你又不是牛顿。 
Sheldon:No, no, that's true. Gravity would have been apparent to me without the apple.  
对,对,那倒是。没有苹果我也能写出重力定律。 
【解析】
1、Gravity:万有引力 
Leonard:You could not possibly be that arrogant. 
你能别那么自大么?
【解析】
1、arrogant:傲慢的,自大的 
Sheldon:You continue to underestimate me, my good man. 
你继续低估我吧,我的好伙计。
Leonard:Look, if you weren't happy with my presentation, then maybe you should have given it with me. 
我说如果你对我的报告有意见,那么也许你本该跟我一起来发表。 
Sheldon:As I've explained repeatedly, unlike you, I don't need validation from lesser minds. No offense.  
我已经反复解释过了,我不像你。我不需要那些不如我的人对我的肯定。无意冒犯。
【解析】
1、validation:确认 
Leonard:So why did you come? 
那你来干什么? 
Sheldon:Because I knew you'd screw this up. 
因为我知道你会搞砸的。
【解析】
1、screw up:把…搞糟 
Leonard:I didn't screw it up! 
我才没搞砸! 
Sheldon:Oh, please, I admit that spherical chicken joke-- that was hilarious. But it was straight downhill from there.    
得了吧。我承认那个球形鸡的笑话还满有趣的。但从那儿以后就急转直下。 
【解析】
1、spherical:球形
2、hilarious:十分有趣
3、downhill:向下 
Leonard:I've had enough of your condescension. Maybe I didn't go to college when I was 11 like you. Maybe I got my doctorate at 24 instead of 16, but you are not the only person who is smarter than everyone else in this room! No offense. And I am clearly not the only person who is tormented by insecurity and has an ego constant validation.    
我受够了你的好意了。也许我不像你那样11岁就进大学,也许我24岁才拿到博士学位而不是16岁,但你也不是这屋里唯一的比其他人都聪明的人啊! 无意冒犯。显然我也不是唯一的,受缺乏安全感折磨的人,有着不断需要外部认可的自负自大。
【解析】
1、condescension:屈尊。俯就             
2、torment:折磨
3、insecurity:不安全感
4、ego:自负,自大
5、validation:确认   
Sheldon:So you admit that you're an egotist? 
那么你承认你是个自大狂了?
【解析】
1、egotist:自我中心主义者
Leonard:Yes! My name is Dr. Leonard Hofstadter, and I could never please my parents, so I need to get all my self-esteem from strangers like you. But he's worse!  
是的!我是Leonard Hofstadter博士,我从来不能取悦我的父母,所以我所有的自信必须源于你们这样的陌生人。但是他更糟糕! 
Sheldon:Okay, that is it! 
够了! 
Leonard:Stop it! You cannot blow up my head with your mind! 
停下!你不可能用你的意念炸掉我的头! 
Sheldon:Then I'll settle for an aneurysm. 
那我也要装一个动脉瘤进去。
【解析】
1、aneurysm:动脉瘤 
Leonard:Stop it! 
住手! 
Sheldon:You hit me! You saw that. He hit me.  
你打我!你们看到了,他打我! 
Leonard:You were trying to blow up my head. 
你想炸掉我的脑袋。 
Sheldon:So it was working. 
那么它起作用了。 
Leonard:It was not! You are a nut case! 
没有! 你这个老顽固!
【解析】
1、nut case:疯子,狂人 
Sheldon:We'll see about that. Heads up, you people in the front row. This is a splash zone.
走着瞧。第一排的人抬起头来。这是飞溅带。
【解析】
1、splash:溅   
2、zone:地带 
Leonard:Stop it! Quit it! Quit it!     
停下! 够了! 住手! 
Penny:Is this usually how these physics things go? 
物理学会议是不是都这样? 
Howard:More often than you think. 
比你想象的多。 
Sheldon:Stop it! Nerve pinch!
停手! 让你尝尝我的火神力量钳! (出自"星际漫游")
【解析】
1、Nerve:神经 
2、pinch:捏,掐 
Sheldon:You could have offered me a ride home. 
你本来有机会载我回来的。 
Leonard:You're lucky I didn't run you over. 
没从你身上碾过去你就万幸吧。 
Sheldon:I really don't understand what you're so unhappy about. You begged me to come. I came. There's just no pleasing you.   
我真不明白你有什么不高兴的。你求我去,我去了。只是这也没让你高兴。 
Leonard:You're right. I'm the problem. I'm the one that needs help. 
你说得对,问题都在我身上。我是需要帮助的那个人。 
Sheldon:Well, that's not much of an apology, but I'll take it. 
好吧,这不怎么算是道歉,但我也凑合接受了。
Leonard:Excuse me. Is there anything you would like to apologize for? 
等等。你没什么要道歉的吗? 
Sheldon:Yes. I'm sorry I tried to blow up your head. It was uncalled for. 
有。我试着把你的脑袋炸掉,对不起,还没有那个必要。 
【解析】
1、uncalled for:不必要的 
Howard:You won't believe this. 
你们不会相信的。 
Raj:Somebody got the whole thing on a cell phone, and put it on YouTube. 
有人把整件事用手机录了下来,放到YouTube网上去了。
Leonard:What? Now who would do that?  
什么? 谁会干这种事? -
Howard:That would be me. Hey, check it out. It's a featured video.  
嘿,看看,是置顶视频!
是我。 
【解析】
1、featured:作为号召物的 
Sheldon:You hit me! You saw that. He hit me. 
你打我!你们看到了,他打我! 
Leonard:You were trying to blow up my head. 
你想炸掉我的脑袋。 
Sheldon:So it was working. 
那么它起作用了。 
Leonard:It was not! You are a nut case! 
没有! 你这个老顽固! 
Sheldon:We'll see about that. Heads up, you people in the front row. This is a splash zone.   
走着瞧。第一排的人抬起头来。这是飞溅带。 
Leonard:Stop it! Quit it! Quit it! 
停下! 够了! 住手! 
Sheldon:Put you in a Vulcan nerve pinch! 
让你尝尝火神力量钳! (出自"星际漫游") 
【解析】
1、Vulcan:祝融星 
Leonard:Ow, you should cut your fingernails. Those hurt! Oh, geez, does this suit really look that bad? 
【解析】
1、fingernails:指甲
嗷,你该剪指甲了! 很疼!不是吧,这套西装真那么难看么?
Sheldon:Forget your suit. Look at my arms waving. I'm like a flamingo on Ritalin.  
别管你的西装了。看看我那胳膊挥得,就像只磕了药的火烈鸟。     
【解析】
1、flamingo:火烈鸟
2、Ritalin:利他林(中枢兴奋药)
Penny:Howard, would you like to explain to me why your Facebook page has a picture of me 
你能和我解释一下为什么你的博客里面有一张
Howard (Facebook page Blog) sleeping on your shoulder captioned "Me and my girlfriend"? 我躺在你肩膀上睡觉的照片,标题为“我和我女朋友”吗? 
Howard:Uh-oh, here comes The Talk. 
啊,The Talk开始了。(美国一档谈话类节目) 
 
【相关阅读】
 
想获取更多SAT备考信息或复习资料,请咨询在线老师或拨打免费电话。
 
 
扫一扫,回复”姓名+电话“即得20元话费!更有新通名师为您制定专属备考计划。