Sheldon:Hello, Penny.
你好啊Penny。
Penny:Get anything good?
有什么好东西吗?
Sheldon:Just the latest copy of Applied Particle Physics Quarterly.
只有最新一期的粒子物理学季刊增刊
【解析】
1、copy:副本
2、Particle:粒子
3、Applied Physics:应用物理学
4、Quarterly:季刊
Penny:Oh, you know, that is so weird that yours came and mine didn't. It was a joke. Yep, tip your waitresses. I'm here all week.
噢,我说为什么你的收到了,我的还没到,挺奇怪的哈。我是在开玩笑。好吧,打赏你的服务生吧,我一整周都在这呢。
Sheldon:Penny, just to save you from further awkwardness, know that I'm perfectly comfortable with the two of us climbing the stairs in silence.
Penny为了避免你以后的尴尬,要知道如果我们俩能安安静静地一起上楼,我会很舒服的。
【解析】
1、awkwardness:笨拙,不雅观
Penny:Oh, yeah, okay, me too. Zip it, lock it. Put it in your pocket. So, you and Leonard.
好的,我也是。拉链,上锁。放进口袋里。那么你和Leonard,
Sheldon:Oh, dear God.
我的上帝啊。
Penny:A little misunderstanding, huh?
有点误会,啊?
Sheldon:A little misundersta...? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding.
一点误会...? 伽利略和教皇也"有点"误会 (伽利略因日心说被教皇迫害)。
【解析】
1、Galileo:伽利略(意大利物理及天文学家)
2、Pope:罗马教皇
Penny:Anyway, I was talking to Leonard this morning, and I think he feels really bad about it. Well, how do you feel?
好吧,今早我和Leonard聊天,我觉得他感觉很不好。你怎么想?
Sheldon:I don't understand the question.
我不知道你指什么。
Penny:No, I'm just asking if it's difficult to be fighting with your best friend.
不,我只是问问和自己最好的朋友吵架挺难受吧?
Sheldon:Oh, I hadn't thought about it like that. I wonder if I've been experiencing physiological manifestations of some sort of unconscious emotional turmoil.
我没那样想过。我在想这些无意识的情感波动,会不会影响我的生理表现。
【解析】
1、physiological manifestations:生理表现 physiological:生理的 manifestation:表现
2、turmoil:骚动
Penny:Wait. What? 等等,什么?
Sheldon:I couldn't poop this morning.
我今天早上便秘。
Penny:Just talk to him. I'm sure you guys can work this out.
和他说话吧。我敢肯定你们能解决这件事的。
Sheldon:It's certainly preferable to my plan.
当然比我的计划好些。
Penny:Which was?
你的计划是?
Sheldon:A powerful laxative.
【解析】
1、laxative:清泻剂强力泻药。
扫码免费下载更多美剧剧本《《《《
Penny:Okay, so you absolutely should talk to him. Look, I know Leonard values you as a friend, and he told me himself that without your little idea, there's no way he could have come up with this whole experiment thing.
好的,那你绝对应该跟他说话。你瞧,我知道Leonard很珍惜你这个朋友,他自己跟我说如果没有你的小主意,他不可能想出这整个实验来的。
Sheldon:Excuse me. "Little idea"?
我说 "小主意"?
Penny:Yeah, I mean, he tried to explain it to me. I didn't really understand it...
那个,我是说他试着跟我解释。我没有完全明白...
Sheldon:Of course, you didn't. He said, "Little idea"?
你当然不明白。他说“小主意”?
Penny:Well, no, not in... not in those words.
呃,不是...不是用"那些"词。
Sheldon:In what words then, exactly?
那他用的什么词,确切的说?
Penny:Um, you know, gee, the exact words... It's more the spirit in which...
呃,你知道,那个,具体的词... 更重要的是他想表达...
Sheldon:What did he say?
他说了什么?
Penny:You had a lucky hunch.
你运气不错
【解析】
1、hunch:预感
Leonard:Hey, Sheldon, I've been thinking. Instead of arguing about this...
嘿Sheldon,我一直在想,与其争论下去...
Sheldon:Don't you ever speak to me again.
再也别跟我说话了!
Leonard:Wha...? Okay, I'm leaving for the conference.
什...? 好啦,我要去参加会议了。
Sheldon:Have fun presenting my "lucky hunch."
祝你报告"我的小运气"愉快。
Leonard:Shel, I didn't mean it like that. Shel
我不是那个意思。
Sheldon:Then why did you say it?
那你为什么要这样说?
Leonard:I don't know. I wasn't...
我不知道,我不是...
Sheldon:Were you trying to impress Penny?
你是不是想引起Penny的注意?
Leonard:No, no, not at all. A little bit.
不,不,绝对不是,好吧有点。
Sheldon:How'd that work out for you?
那对你有什么用?
Penny:Leonard, ready to go?
Leonard可以走了吗?
Leonard:Okay, I'm going to ask you one more time. We did the work together. Let's present the paper together.
好的,我再问你一遍,我们一起做的研究。论文我们一起去发表论文吧。
Sheldon:And I'm telling you for the last time, it's pandering, it's undignified, and bite me.
那我也告诉你最后一遍,这是迎合奉承,一点也不高尚,打死我也不去。
【解析】
1、pander:迎合
2、undignified:有损尊严的
Leonard:Let's go.
走吧。
Penny:Bye, Sheldon.
再见Sheldon。
Sheldon:Good-bye, Penny. One of these days...
再见Penny。总有一天...
Penny:There you go.
好了。
Leonard:You're right. This side does look better.
你说得对,这一面是比较好看。
Penny:No, no, I didn't say "better." I said "less stained."
没,我没说"好看",我只说"没那么脏"。
【解析】
1、stained:沾污的
Howard:I just checked the house. There's probably 20-25 people in there.
我刚进去看了看情况,里面可能有20-25个人。
Leonard:You're kidding?
你开玩笑的吧?
Penny:Is that all?
就这么点?
Leonard:"All"? " In particle physics, 25 is Woodstock.
斯托克音乐节(每年8月在纽约州东南部Woodstock举行的摇滚音乐节) 在粒子物理学领域25个人就是伍德斯托克音乐节。
这么点"?
【解析】
1、particle:粒子
2、Woodstock:伍德
Penny:Oh, well, then good.
好,那太好了。
Leonard:I wasn't expecting such a crowd. I'm a little nervous.
我没想到会来这么多人,有点紧张。
Howard:It's okay. Just open with a joke. You'll be fine.
没关系,开头讲个笑话就没事了。
Leonard:Uh, joke. Okay, How about this? Um, okay, uh, here's this farmer, and he has these chickens, but they won't lay any eggs,. so he calls a physicist to help. The physicist then does some calculations, and he says, "I have a solution, but it only works with spherical chickens in a vacuum." Right?
呃,笑话,好的。这个怎么样? 呃,好,嗯,以前有个农民,他养了一群鸡,可是它们从来不下蛋,于是他叫了一个物理学家来帮忙。那个物理学家就做了些计算,然后说 "有个办法",不过只对真空中球形的鸡起作用。好笑吧?
【解析】
1、lay:生蛋calculations:计算
2、spherical:球形的
3、vacuum:真空
Penny:Oh, sorry, I just... I've heard it before.
对不起,只是... 我以前听过。
【相关阅读】
想获取更多SAT备考信息或复习资料,请咨询在线老师或拨打免费电话。
扫一扫,回复”姓名+电话“即得20元话费!更有新通名师为您制定专属备考计划。
